I appreciate your comment, realIy. I agree with you in part. The Western Civilization is a dynamic construction made by conflicts, battles and wars. I remembered when Furokawa wrote "The End of History" soon after the fall of Berlin Wall, stating the supremacy of the capitalism and the western culture over socialism/comunism. All forecasts were wrong. Capitalism is not a panacea. The Enlightenment came to correct it and set a new pace and way to the world. Although far from perfection that's why I have a profound undestand a respect for it. At least along the years great men thinkers and cientists tried to make the world better. The balance is highly positive. The world is much better than the last 200 hundred years ago. Is there anything better? That's not the point. I criticize your multiculturalism as a FAD. I criticize your need to showboat as saviors, the necessity of redeeming the USA and Europe for their sins as criminals for agression, invasion of other people and lands and former colonies, destruction, exploitation their richness, genocide of indigenous people and slavey. Your narrative is well-know in the tropics. We hate it, but as civilized people we forgive you, however, Che Guevara, Fidel Castro, Mao Tse Tung, the whole arabe and african world didn't. There are a lot of ressentment and hate against you caucasians. Your discourse sounds fake to 2/3 of Latin americans, the whole Chinese, Arabic and African people. You white privileged people (it contains irony) are suspicious. "We" don't trust you. That's why part of Brazilians are in love with China! Which is worse: USA/Europe or China/Russia? Tell me. Academics intellectuals, educators, artists with socialism bias in the First World don't fool me. They may fool you who looks pedantic and demagogue and continues to ignore us or being condescending and patronizers. As you see I write as a provocation. Also, it's an opportunity to practice my English and prose. I apprerciate your lecture on me, but I have intellectual and moral status to discuss this complex issue and I do well in your language since Portuguese is mine.
DOM QUIXOTE E SANCHO PANÇA
DOM QUIXOTE E SANCHO PANÇA: a imagem do governante e o povo Acredito que haja um Dom Quixote de La Mancha de Miguel de Cervantes em cada um de nós. Quem de nós não fantasia? Enquanto Quixote é sonhador e fantasioso, Sancho Pança, seu fiel escudeiro, é realista e sério. Mas, na medida em que o relato do livro avança ele vai se perdendo cada vez mais, e, aos poucos, vai aceitando as alucinações delírios do cavaleiro. Poder-se-ia, então, dizer que Sancho Pança é o povo, que decidiu acompanhar Dom Quixote após este ter prometido que lhe daria o governo de uma ilha. Aliás, prometer picanha com cervejinha não é mera coincidência. Mesmo pobre, continua fiel a Dom Quixote como no ditado dos cavaleiros, parafraseado em " o brasileiro nunca foge a uma luta; nunca desiste". Sancho nunca fugiu de Dom Quixote. Nunca lhe faltou com o respeito, sendo sempre fiel. Normalmente andava em cima de um burro, junto de Dom Quixote, que andava em cima do seu cavalo, o Rocinante, o que marca umas das...
Comentários
Postar um comentário